The principle of a pastry-free diet and supplements originated in response to the failure of some high-carbohydrate diets. It is again a modification of the popular Atkins diet, with the difference that it certainly does not occur to such an extreme and does not induce ketosis in the body. It excludes starch-rich supplements and pastries from the diet. It is believed that limited carbohydrate intake will reduce insulin levels and consequently body fat stores.
The essence of a diet without pastries and supplements
This diet changes the recommended ratio of essential nutrients by increasing protein intake and reducing carbohydrate intake. The fat content remains unchanged (30% of total energy intake). It allows to eat fruits as a source of fast carbohydrates, and vegetables.
Permitted and prohibited foods
- Everything but forbidden
- Fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, dairy (cheese, cottage cheese), milk, eggs, fats, …
- Side dishes – French fries, dumplings, gnocchi, potato pancakes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, pasta, couscous, bulgur, …
- Pastry, bread – all kinds
Diet-free diet and supplements
Breakfast: cottage cheese, chicken slices, vegetables
Lunch: salmon tartar, with arugula and mozzarella |
Snack: white yoghurt with sunflower seeds and a mixture of lyophilized fruit
Dinner: baked vegetables with turkey meat
Recipe – Salmon Cream
- Processed cheese 200 g
- Rio Mare Paté – Salmon Cream 100g
- Dill – fresh 20g
- Lemon juice from ½ pieces
- Rio Mare Paté salmon cream with cheese. It should have a fluffy consistency.
- Sprinkle lemon, salt and add chopped dill.
- It’s done!
Experience with a diet without pastries and supplements
A barrier in the orientation of the food composition can cause an excessive elimination of carbohydrates from the diet, causing a health hazard. Some do not know whether they meet the required nutrient ratio and therefore prefer to skip meals!
Usually, no one can endure consuming pastries and side dishes for a long time, all the more shocking for the body when returning to a normal diet. Unfortunately, the jojo effect is often noticed. Here you can just watch smaller portions of attachments and really limit the intake of sweet.
Advantages and disadvantages of diet without pastries and supplements
- Protein and fat-rich foods can feed more, thus reducing hunger. This eats less and loses weight more easily.
- You won’t unnecessarily “wander” with empty energy, as bread is sometimes called. However, this certainly does not apply to annexes.
- Misinterpreted, storing energy in fat stores is supported not by carbohydrates, but by excess energy in any form (fats).
- A fairly common myth, but omitting those “unhealthy” side dishes (fries, dumplings, …) that are not even recommended for a classic rational healthy diet, will surely know the character.
- Risk of too low carbohydrate intake! Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for the body. Bread and side dishes are primarily complex carbohydrates, we should limit those “simple sugars” (sweets, desserts, ..), which is not prohibited by diet.
- Athletes need more than 40% of carbohydrates to give their muscles enough energy for quality training.
- Fast weight loss and even faster weight gain.
- Exceeding the recommended protein intake above 2 g of protein per kilogram of body weight can cause kidneys in the long run.
Did you know that …
Dietary supplements without pastries and pastries are regularly included by Michaela Dolinova before Christmas. She insures her regular gaining during the holidays.